I’ve seen a few of these question posts floating around and thought it might be fun to do one myself!
To give credit where it’s due, I got the idea from Lindsey. I rarely reveal these kinds of random facts but I couldn’t agree more with Lindsey that the answers to these questions create a very revealing kaleidoscope about a person. I hope you feel that you know me just a bit better when you’re through!
These are the questions that Vogue asked Sarah Jessica Parker during an in-person interview. I omitted a few that were not at all relevant here so the result is slightly less than 73 questions. I also watched that video of SJP after answering the questions myself and was delighted to see we answered two in a row exactly the same (tell me if you ever discover which ones).
Also tell me if you answer them too. I’d love to know you better.
1. How long have you been in the area?
2. What’s your favorite season in Washington DC?
Cherry Blossom season (spring)
3. What’s your favorite activity in Washington DC?
Walking around Eastern Market on a Sunday morning with my family (and coffee)
4. Would you ever leave Washington DC?
5. What are three words to describe living in Washington DC?
Rich in history
6. What’s your favorite movie?
I don’t have one.
7. Favorite movie in past five years?
Don’t have one of those either.
8. Favorite Hitchcock film?
Not so much a Hitchcock fan
9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
10. What’s a book you plan on reading?
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
A Prayer for Owen Meany
12. A book you read in school that you never think of?
Heart of Darkness
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
14. iPhone or Android?
15. Twitter or Instagram?
16. Vine or Snapchat?
17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
@heychookooloonks on Instagram. Her photos make me remember the joy of life.
Weekend inspiration from @upsideup.
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room?
The tissue paper flowers my daughter made for me for Mother’s Day
19. What’s your favorite downtown restaurant?
20. What’s your favorite food?
21. Least favorite food?
22. What do you love on your pizza?
23. Favorite drink?
24. Favorite dessert?
Chocolate chip cookies
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
That in every joyous milestone comes the pain of them pulling away but you still have to let them go.
28. What’s your favorite band?
Dave Matthews Band
29. Favorite solo artist?
I don’t have one.
30. Favorite lyrics?
The lyrics to Jack Johnson’s Talk of the Town. Specifically:
“I want to be where the talk of the town
Is about last night when the sun went down
And the trees all dance
And the warm wind blows in that same old sound
And the water below gives a gift to the sky
And the clouds give back every time they cry
And make the grass grow green beneath my toes
And if the sun comes out
I’ll paint a picture all about
The colors I’ve been dreaming of
The hours just don’t seem enough
To put it all together”
31. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
Turn it around
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Norah Jones (ooh or maybe Stevie Nicks)
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Promised my Dad I’d never get a tattoo so I’ve never let myself think about that.
35. To be or not to be?
36. What’s Oprah like in person?
(Left this one in because how fun! Oh how I wish I knew Oprah in person.)
37. What number of question was this?
38. Dogs or cats?
39. Kittens or puppies?
40. Dolphins or koalas?
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
42. What’s your spirit animal?
43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
44. Last gift you gave a friend?
A necklace with a mama bird and a baby bird that used to be mine when I had just one baby. I passed it on to her as she begins her motherhood journey.
45. A person you want to have coffee with?
Any one of the friends I’ve had trouble scheduling time with these days!
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
47. How do you like your coffee?
48. What’s your favorite curse word?
It begins with F…
49. What’s your favorite board game?
50. What’s your favorite country to visit?
51. What’s the last country you visited?
52. What country do you wish to visit?
53. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel?
54. What’s your favorite color?
55. Least favorite color?
56. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
57. Diamonds or pearls?
58. Cheap shampoo or expensive?
59. Blow-dry or air-dry?
60. Heels or flats?
61. Can you give an impersonation of someone?
62. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent?
63. Pilates or yoga?
64. Jogging or swimming?
65. Best way to decompress?
A book, my couch, a blanket and either a glass of wine or cup of tea (depends on the day)
66. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
The power to heal
67. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous?
Auditioning for a show in DC
68. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
69. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had?