We stayed in our pajamas until almost noon this morning. Almost noon! That’s almost unheard of!
But oh does it make for a happy Baby. Her favorite part of the weekend is coming downstairs in her pajamas. I’m not sure if it’s the novelty or if her childhood intuition tells her that the days when she wears her pajamas downstairs are special. More fun, more relaxing, more Mommy, and more Daddy. She looks forward to it all week.
The longer she spends in pajamas, the happier she is. It’s like every extra minute she spends in pajamas increases her joy exponentially. I sometimes forget what a nice block of unstructured, pajama-clad playtime does for her mood. It’s quite magical.
Pajama mornings set us up for a cozy, home-bound day. We got dressed only to go get some lunch – which is the perfect form of Sunday laziness – getting dressed only to go out so someone else can make your lunch. Now we’re back and I don’t expect us to go outside again. When she wakes up, I think we’ll light a fire, put on some Christmas music, make some more cookie dough, create some more tree ornaments.
Maybe we’ll even put our pajamas back on. Because I love a happy toddler.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at All Things Fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.