I have focused. And I have followed through.
I wrote every day in November. I completed NaBloPoMo.
Some days were tough. Some days, it showed. But every day, I wrote. And that is the amazing part.
I made new friends. I found new sources of inspiration. I created new routines in my writing, and in my life around my writing, that will serve me well for years to come.
I regained my love of this craft.
But everyone needs a break sometimes and so tomorrow, break is what I will do. I will sleep in, until the luxuriously late hour of 6am (ahh). And in the evening, I will spend time with my husband, catch up with an old friend, and allow my mind a break. But on Friday, I’ll be back. Because I love what I do here.
And so I leave you with Five NaBloPoMo Gifts that I am Thankful for:
- My new Thankfulness Friday. This one’s a keeper. Maybe I’ll add a link-up to it? Don’t know. But I love ending my week on this note.
- Stream of Consciousness Sunday. It’s brilliant, it’s simple, it’s refreshing. It saved me on a particularly tough NaBloPoMo Sunday. Thanks to Fadra for creating it and Jenn for helping me find it!
- Finding posts in strange place. Posting every day made me more aware of my life, the things we do, the things that happen. In search of something to write about, I paid more attention and lived more in each moment.
- Liebster Award. My first award. Recognition is lovely.
- You. Readers, community, friends. (Most of) you weren’t here before November began. I’m so happy you’re here now.