You know that feeling of just coming home? When all you want to do is wrap yourself up in the comfort of your house? The feelings of the familiar are overwhelming. My heart feels at ease. I’m just plain comfortable. Resting on my couch. My cat resting on my knees. The familiar low hum of the neighbor’s TV next door. The familiar click of our clock. I LOVE it all. All the little things.
We’ve been home for just an hour and I just want to curl up in this feeling.
We had a GREAT time with family this week. Lots of good times and great memories with ones we love.
But there is just nothing like being home. Nothing like having our little family all together.
Tomorrow we’ll all be back to our regularly scheduled programming. And by Thursday we’ll be on the road again.
And if I dwell on that too long, I’ll feel a little bit panicked.
So instead, I’ll ignore those truths right now. There will be time for all of that later. Right now, this lovely comfort feeling is too good to ignore.
Good to be home.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at All Things Fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
Leave a reply →